Cool down after a visit to the castle or nature walk? Feel free to plunge into our swimming pool, which is hidden in a ruin from the Middle Ages …
- At the campsite there is a swimming pool, playground with trampoline, free wifi, books and games.
- La Rhue is not the type of campsite where you will find an animation team, but you will certainly not be bored there.
- Every Saturday there is a concert in our music café, and sometimes there is a campfire with music.
- La Rhue is located in the middle of the Parque Naturel Régional Périgord-Limousin nature reserve. Wonderful walking, cycling and kayaking.
- At 10 km from the campsite is a lake with a sandy beach, where you can swim, water ski, climb and pedal boat.The area is known for its beautiful castles, caves, forests, springs and rivers.
La Rhue is located in the rugged north of the Dordogne. Far away from the tourist crowds in the south, but close enough to visit all the tourist attractions in a day trip. Think of the caves of Lascaux, the beautiful valley of the Vézere or the Dordogne, the picturesque village of Brantôme and the castle of Hautefort.
Although it is wonderfully quiet there, La Rhue is not completely remote: you can walk from the farm to the picturesque village of Jumilhac le Grand (2 km). Here you will find a restaurant, bakery, butcher, grocery and snack bar. The village also houses the best preserved 13th century castle in France: the Chateau de Jumilhac.
La Rhue is surrounded by dense deciduous forests and grassy meadows, where the characteristic brown Limousin cattle graze. The number of sources that originate here cannot be counted. The water sprays from the ground in our courtyard too! Eventually it flows into wide rivers, but deep underground it also forms beautiful caves.
There are fantastic walking routes in the area. We have already walked a lot and are happy to give you advice!